[TowerTalk] MA-550 will not extend

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] MA-550 will not extend
From: dlabat@tcinternet.net (David LaBat)
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 09:47:18 -0600
Got some feedback, thanks Skip and Steve! The tower extended to full height
this morning with lots of "funny" noise, clunks and resistance suddenly
decreasing on winch. Sounds like some mechanical interference which gave
way, Looks nice at full height. Now it won't come down! Retracts about 10
feet, then begins to show slack at the top cable position. I gather the
catch is on the top square section. Any ideas how to resolve this? I am
trying real hard not to lay it back over, in fact, extended I am not sure
that I can lay it over, small lot.