[TowerTalk] Half slopers using a tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Half slopers using a tower
From: ve7hcb@rac.ca (Chris BONDE)
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 10:50:22 -0800
My MFJ Tuner did not like 160, so I bought (under advisement) an
Ameritron.  The MFJ just smoked and sparked when attempting to tune.  So I
decided that the antenna was at fault.  The Ameritron tunes 160 but ??  I
am not sure on things.  The Amertron does not tune the American phone band
on 40m.  So it must go back to antenna design.  For which I am now reading,
reading.

Chris opr VE7HCB

At 11:41 PM 2001-12-31 -0500, Stephanie WX3K wrote:

>My FT-817 does not have a built in tuner....I use a MFJ tuner and it does
>not like the antenna on 160 meter at all !
>
>Stephanie R. Koles WX3K
>wx3k@arrl.net
>http://www.qsl.net/wx3k

This list is sponsored by the new eHam.net Store.  When you buy products
price goes to support this list.  Check it out at http://www.eham.net.

-----