[TowerTalk] Are higher HF antenna's really better?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Are higher HF antenna's really better?
From: n3rr@erols.com (Bill Hider (N3RR))
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 16:39:08 -0500
Happens all the time in contests.  But that isn't the point.  Contesters
need/want an infinite number of antennas from which to choose for every
condition that may occur.  It's a matter of expense and how much you can
afford, not a technical issue.
That's why contesters have a top Yagi to beat the long haul pileups.

Maybe the average station owner can't afford it, or doesn't encounter these
conditions ever, but that doesn't mean the capability should be ignored.

Bill, N3RR