[Towertalk] Tower + Hazer package

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Tower + Hazer package
From: elliottr@hurontel.on.ca (Rod Elliott)
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 18:07:05 +0000
Hello...

After 42 years of hamming, I'm finally moving to a new QTH where I can put
up a tower and beam. But, since my knees are way too old for climbing, I'm
considering a hazer for raising and lowering the antenna. My main activity
is DX-ing, and I can afford only one tower.

The Glen Martin Engineering M-1850A package looks attractive. It contains
five 10-foot sections of 18-inch face anodized aluminum tower, plus hazer
assembly, kevlar guys, guy anchors, and tilt base assembly. Beam would
probably be a F12 C3S.

Is this a good choice?  I have no previous experience with towers, so any
and all advice, comments, or experience good/bad will be much appreciated.

73,
Rod Elliott VE3IRF