[Towertalk] Antenna Analyzer Suggestions?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Antenna Analyzer Suggestions?
From: blueis@sprintmail.com (blueis@sprintmail.com)
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 09:14:52 -0400
As a 'newbie' I can say the MFJ-259b is an awesome tool.  The manual does an
adequate job of explaining how to use the analyzer to read Z, cable loss,
etc, etc, etc...  but NOT what these things are.  Therefore, the 'learning
curve' isn't "how to use the device".... rather, it's "what do the many
measured parameters mean?"

Well worth the modest investment of $225 +/-  I was able to tune my 4-band
vertical in five minutes in typical ham fashion...  without reading the
manual.

gary b
k3gb
RVN BTO