[Towertalk] Building Permit or Not

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Building Permit or Not
From: ny9h@arrl.net (Bill Steffey NY9H)
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 00:42:30 -0500
I was not certain about how friendly the village would be. Permit or no permit.
Sooo  I sent a friend ham, who had no intention of putting up a tower.
He checked it out, found out NO SWEAT for a permit. Minimal fee, no
drawings; "just install it per the manufacturer", "call us to check out
your base , prior to pouring concrete"...and bingo.

Not surprising that the head of building dept. commented, "there was
another ham in here last week putting up the same tower!!!!  I told him it
was the season.
bill