[Towertalk] P5

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] P5
From: wy0v@cableone.net (Gary Johnson)
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 17:36:52 -0500
P5 is the DXCC prefix for North Korea.  P5RS7 was the call used by Romeo
Stepanenko when he claimed to be in North Korea.  I don't think the ARRL
knows exactly where he did operated from, but they (and most others) believe
it was from another country, probably Siberia.  I have the QSL card and
submitted it along with others several years ago.  The ARRL rejected it.
In return for unscrupulous activity, Romeo is no longer allowed to
participate in the DXCC program.
For more information see:
http://home.swipnet.se/~w-68234/porthole/romeo.htm

Gary - WY0V