[Towertalk] More on Lightning protection

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] More on Lightning protection
From: k1ttt@arrl.net (David Robbins)
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 22:33:36 -0000
> Well, there seems to be two approaches t lightning:
>
> 1. Protect your equipment in the event of a hit.
>
> 2. Do something that reduces the probability of a hit.
>

> My question is : Can approach #2 reduce that probability to zero?
>
> If not, better go with #1.

I seem to remember that k1dg had the ultimate way to reduce the chance
of getting hit by lightning to zero some years ago.  It was quite by
accident that he installed a tower upside down placing the yagi's
underground, I guess he was just way ahead of his time!

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net