[Towertalk] More on Lightning protection

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] More on Lightning protection
From: k1dg@ix.netcom.com (Doug Grant)
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 23:14:55 -0400
As  much as I would like to take full credit for the scientific advances in
antenna system design and installation brought forth by installing the first
30 feet of a tower upside down, that honor goes to my esteemed colleague
K1AR.

The best part of the story was when AR called Rohn to see if there was
anything they could do for him, the guy on the other end said something like
"Hey Charlie - another dumb ham put the first sections of the tower upside
down...we got any more of those adaptors made up?" And they sent him some
custom-made double-male adaptors to fix things.

My dominance of the Poisson d'Avril contest has less to do with antennas
installed upright and everything to do with birthright.

73, and see y'all in Dayton at the Contest Forum and suites, and...

Doug K1DG

From: ted demopoulos <kr1g@hotmail.com>

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>