[Towertalk] Re: 40 meter boom, 80 meter dipole?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Re: 40 meter boom, 80 meter dipole?
From: sm2ekm@telia.com (Jan Erik Holm)
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 19:59:34 +0200
I think N4KG would have a lot of info on this, however I think
it will work just fine.
One example. I have a 20/15 duobander 4 el 20 and 5 el 15
on about 38 ft boom. Was going to tune it for 40m but since
it had a lot of loading from those 9 elements it ended up on
80m (huuh). The thing is only at 70 ft so it doesnt work very
good except for local QSO´s but it´s an antenna that can be
used.
I used Omega match and replaced half of the boom guy with
parafile/phillystran and did keep the steelwire on the other half
and used that as a gamma rod, used RG-213 for capacitors,
I have tested it with very high power and it´s no problem.

73 Jim SM2EKM