[Towertalk] 40 meter boom, 80 meter dipole?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] 40 meter boom, 80 meter dipole?
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 11:21:52 -0600
Sounds like an ideal design for 80 / 40 Paul.

The majority of the boom loading comes from the end elements.
The best way to support the matching arm is under the boom.
You can feed at any point below the 50 ohm point (wherever
that might be), using a Omega Match (shunt C to boom followed
by a series C with the arm to cancel inductive reactanace).  I
expect you would get the best bandwidth with a matching arm
out to the end of the element.  You could make TWO matching
arms, one for CW and the other for SSB.

I will be very interested in your results.  Sounds like a GREAT
article for publication in QST or other widely distributed outlet.

73 / GL,  Tom  N4KG