[Towertalk] Dayton declining...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Dayton declining...
From: ww5l@gte.net (Tom Anderson)
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 07:53:34 -0500
Jerry, et. al:

An interesting "test" to check is downloading the TASP test online and see how
well you can do on it.  The TASP (not the TAAS) test is required of anyone
enrolling as a freshman in a Texas public college unless you graduated from HS
before some time in the early 1980s or so.  Its very heavily weighted on math
problems.  Our youngest son just graduated from HS and we downloaded it for him
to practice on before he takes it.  Some of the math they give on it now I
never even saw or had (trig, calculus) in high school (Class of 1965) and I
have a college master's degree (journalism).  My XYL is a retired HS English
teacher and thank goodness she wasn't called on to teach math, she had a harder
time with some of the practice math questions than I did.

Tom, WW5L