[Towertalk] Water in Universal Base Stubs

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Water in Universal Base Stubs
From: lsica@attbi.com (lsica@attbi.com)
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 21:36:13 +0000
  I have a Universal Tower, and as according to
manufacturer's instructions I left the top of the base
stubs open so water could flow out of the tower sections
into the ground. Problem is is that my soil is a hard
sand/clay mix that doesn't drain well, and all the water
winds up doing is sitting in there until it evaporates
(or actually does seep out after a long period of time).

  What have others done about this? Just let it sit like
that, or plug up the base stubs? And if the thing to do
is plug them up, what should I use to do that, and how
do I get the standing water out of a hole 5' deep with
such a small diameter?

Thanks to all.

---
Lou Sica AC0X