[Towertalk] HF2V

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] HF2V
From: k6sdw@hotmail.com (Eddy Avila)
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2002 19:37:59 +0000
I've been using the HF2V ground-mounted about 2 years now and speaking only
about dx signals on 80 the vertical equals and sometimes better than my
dipole which isn't very high off the ground. On 40 meters almost always
better than dipole and many times much better depending upon conditions!
Now, keep in mind my dipole is barely off the ground and I do believe it
would outperform the vertical if I could get it high in the air....at least
a 1/2 wave length, which is easier said than done!

Ground radials the key for this antenna. Unfortuately I only have at the
moment 12 buried radials the longest of which is 30' -- hope to improve on
this this winter when I can dig ground with a shovel.

By-the-way, the xyl hates this antenna in her backyard landscape. Not sure
what the neighbors think, but who cares!! HI!

Good luck..........73 /ed