[Towertalk] 40 MTR Trap ???

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] 40 MTR Trap ???
From: wa9wsj@yahoo.com (Tom Mattus)
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 20:11:23 -0700 (PDT)
Hello Gents,
While going through my garage of parts, I found a long
lost pair of what I believe are traps, but I'm not
sure exactly what they are. They measure approximetely
3 ft long and 1 1/2" dia, each have a tag which reads,
"HYGAIN 40 M ASSY B772345". The are constructed like
traps but the lenth throws me since I've seen and used
40 m traps which are shorter, (yes I know the L/C can
change the dimensions). They have drain holes and
short #12 wires attached to the ends with bolts as if
in a long wire arrangement of some sort at one time.
Are these in fact traps which are used possibly in a
80 m dipole?  Anyone have any info about these?
Thanks!
Tom