[Towertalk] Trylon towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Trylon towers
From: kk9a@arrl.net (kk9a@arrl.net)
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 16:00:52 -0500
My Rohn 55G tower in Aruba has been up for less than a year.  After five
months the corrosion was very noticeable and I painted the tower with a zinc
enriched paint.  That was six months ago and it's starting to look bad
again.  I considered a Trylon tower and at that time I believe the web-site
said that the sections were hot dipped galvanized.  I called Steve and when
he told me about the exposed edges I decided against it.  Since the Trylon
tower is made from stamped pieces I was also concerned about sharp edges on
the tower.  Steve suggested that I paint it shortly after construction.

John

www.iguanavilla.com