[Towertalk] Cracked Leg on Rohn 45G

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Cracked Leg on Rohn 45G
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 07:04:36 -0600
Lifting a guyed tower "a few inches" is MUCH more difficult
than it sounds.  W1EVT told me he did this to one of his
140 ft R25 towers (supporting only WIRE antennas) and they
had to loosen the guys to where they were almost vertical
against the tower before they could raise the tower to install
base insulators.  Sounds pretty tricky to me.

Tom  N4KG

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.