[Towertalk] Loop Gain (was LPA designs)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Loop Gain (was LPA designs)
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 14:28:34 -0500
At 11:28 AM 11/16/02 -0600, Jon Ogden wrote:
>on 11/16/02 10:49 AM, Zyg Skrobanski at af4mp@mindspring.com wrote:
>
> > I don't think I've seen Yagi's used by any SW broadcasters.
>
>Probably not.  It's too narrow in bandwidth and probably too directional.

Actually, when I lived in Taiwan in the late 1960's, there was a religious
broadcasting station there that used a three-element tribander (modified
for BC frequencies, I assume) to broadcast to the mainland.  The quad
parasitic array was, I believe, developed at broadcast station
HCJB.  Today, VOA et al frequently make use of curtain arrays that,
depending on their configuration, can be very directional indeed.  One of
the other things that is (or was) on the F12 web site was N6BT's
description of using a 21 dBi gain broadcast curtain in a DX contest.

73, Pete N4ZR
Sometimes a tower is just a tower