[Towertalk] Loop Gain (was LPA designs)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Loop Gain (was LPA designs)
From: tongaloa@all-monkey-brains-taste-good-do-tel.net (news@alltel.net)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 13:27:00 -0500
As a mostly  wire and tree guy, I've observed that a
2 wave loop 'blows away' a dipole at the height of
the top wire for my rectangular loop (33' verticals)
on 40m.It is also much quieter in the urban environment
here (Atlanta). Wish I had room for more than the 5-BTV
trap vertical at the HI QTH :-) Hope to get a 2 wave for
80 up as well. The 2 wave 40 gets out at least as well
as a dipole at the height of the top wire on 80 so the
80 should make a nice 160 antenna. Has anyone tried a
two element two wave per element on 10?
-Bob
ah7i/4