[Towertalk] tower mast = to pin OR not to pin

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] tower mast = to pin OR not to pin
From: n1lo@hotmail.com (Mark .)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 12:56:23 -0500
<< Obviously , this might stress the rotor given high winds - but it is
unlikely the yagis would rotate on the mast.>>

<< Josh....looks like you answered your own questions....I think the answer
amounts to asking yourself which you would prefer doing (presumably after a
big wind):
a) replacing a broken rotator
b) loosening the clamps and turning the mast back to where it was ..SNIP >>

I subscribe to the 'not pin' group, and performed option b) above after
hurricane Bonnie's 60 mph winds. All I had to do was realign the mast in the
rotor about 15 degrees.

--...MARK_N1LO...--