[Towertalk] cable TV hardline

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] cable TV hardline
From: aa7bg@3rivers.net (Matt)
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 14:49:39 -0700
On this subject...just about the none covered cable? I have a bunch of bare
aluminum CTV cable and I wonder how you all get it to the tower? Do you put
it in under ground PVC pipe or just lay it across the ground...direct bury??
How about running up the tower? any probs with dissimilar metals running it
up the tower?

Just wondering. I spose it depends on soil acidity, etc. Has anybody had any
outer conductors eaten thru if you did direct bury it?

I have had good luck with the covered stuff (w/out ununs/baluns, etc.) but
just wondered about the bare stuff cuz I havent' deployed any yet.

73 and thanks,

Matt--K7BG