[Towertalk] New Rotator In Place; Mast Now Binds

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] New Rotator In Place; Mast Now Binds
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L Martin)
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 08:30:33 -0600
> Also remember to tighten the mast clamp first, the rotator to plate bolts
> next & the plate to tower clamps last. Less chance of getting things
> knocked back out of alignment.

Yup.  Did that in the order indicated, Jim.  However, the plate-to-tower
clamps/nuts were so rusted, I left them alone.

Of course, yesterday, while rooting around for something else, I found a
mailer containing the rotator plate replacement hardware I had ordered from
Stan a couple of years ago. :-)

So....when the rains stop and the temp has come back up a bit, I'll be back
up to replace that hardware and go through the tightening process again and
see if that fixes the problem.  I also have shims ready to put in place.

Another serendipitous moment: the replaced rotator is a stamped on it's base
as a Ham-IV, not a Ham-M like I thought it was--the rotator came with the
house.

73,
dale, kg5u