[Towertalk] B&W - It just ain't the same

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] B&W - It just ain't the same
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 20:03:01 -0600
YES  YOU  DO !
(have the test equipment to determine it experimentally)

Connect your amplifier and antenna to the switch.
Connect a Wattmeter (or RF millivoltmeter) and Dummyload
to the 'other radio' port and measure how much power is
transferred to that port.  Determine the maximum allowable
input to your 'other radio'.  Compare the numbers.

I noted my TS830 warns against any input over 7 Volts
which comes to 0.5 Watts at 50 ohms.  I smiled when
I remembered seeing a warning on the back of an old
75A3 not to exceed 50 Volts (= 50 Watts ! ) at the input.

Tom  N4KG