[Towertalk] B&W - It just ain't the same

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] B&W - It just ain't the same
From: stevek@jmr.com (Steve Katz)
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 07:55:15 -0800
You only need about 40 dB isolation running 1 kW output, as any receiver
I've ever seen can handle 100mW (+20 dBm) directly into the antenna port.
However, the B&W switches I've used in the past did not have a lot of
isolation, and it gets worse on the higher frequencies.  I can test one for
you in about 60 seconds, at any frequency you'd like, but I don't have one
here to play with at the moment.

The Alpha-Delta switches have substantially more isolation than any of the
B&W units I've worked with, and (A-D) typically measure >50 dB isolation at
30 MHz.

WB2WIK/6

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." -
Mario Andretti