[Towertalk] Lighting Protection and Roof Towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Lighting Protection and Roof Towers
From: w5lu@hotmail.com (S. J. Blackwell)
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 23:12:53 +0000
The grounding system is to mininize the magnitude of the transient reaching
the shack. It will not eliminate it. The single point ground is to eliminate
the potential between the pieces of equipment caused by this transient and
save equipment. A lightening transient can still kill you regardless of the
single point ground. I am sure everyone knows this, but restatment seems
worthwhile.
73
Sam, W5LU

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>