[Towertalk] Snap hook source?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Snap hook source?
From: FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com (FireBrick)
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 17:03:46 -0600
----- Original Message -----
From: "Pete Smith" <n4zr@contesting.com>
To: <K4BEV@aol.com>; <Towertalk@contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2002 4:18 PM
Subject: Re: [Towertalk] Snap hook source?

> At 04:34 PM 12/16/02 -0500, K4BEV@aol.com wrote:
> >Anyone have a source for self locking snap hooks (without the lanyard)?
> >I have lots of rope and can make an eye splice; and I'm cheap.
> >Thanks,
> >Don - K4BEV

For 20 years plus I worked on high rise hanging scaffolds.
Each year we replaced all harnesses, hooks and grabbers. (grabbers are
devices that go on the separate safety rope and serve as a handfree safety
device).

NONE OF MY EMPLOYEES were allowed to use any homemade device, or store
bought device that didn't have the proper OSHA approved labels.

As I don't use the equipment but rarely and it doesn't get the wear, I no
longer replace as frequently. I still check it before and after each use.
And I still only use OSHA approved gear.

Saving a buck on a lanyard could be awfully expensive.