[Towertalk] Antenna maintenance

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Antenna maintenance
From: k2hk@arrl.net (Howard Klein)
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 23:07:30 +0000
I have a second track on another face of the tower. The winch is at the
bottom of the track. My high antenna is on a track that is 70 ft and the
lower antena is on a 40 ft track (I had some spare pieces of track). They
are 2 independent Hazers.
Howard..K2HK
----Original Message Follows----
From: "WW3S" <ww3s@zoominternet.net>

I had that bright idea today on the way to work. I thought about a stack and
wondered how I could get one up about 35' with my upper one on the hazer at
55'  then I thought, how about another hazer. How did you do it? Are the
pulleys on the top on different sides of the tower or the same? How about
the winches?

 > John,
 > I have such a device.
 > Check 'Glen Martin Engineering', http://www.glenmartin.com/. They make an
 > apparatus called a Hazer that rides on a track and allows raising and
 > lowering of the antenna. Lowering or raising necessitates dropping of guy
 > wires to allow passage and then reattaching. There is some degree of
 > annoyance with such a procedure but does make for much easier service
once
 > done.  It is surprising how adept one becomes at this chore over time.
One

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>