[Towertalk] RE: Topband: stripping enameled wire

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] RE: Topband: stripping enameled wire
From: jreisert@jlc.net (Joe Reisert)
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 20:03:33 -0500
Tony,

Until recently (more on this shortly), one preferred way was to use a
compound called "Strip-X" if my memory serves me correctly. I think it was
made by General Cement. One dip of the wire in the solution and a few
seconds later, the enamel foamed. All that was necessary to do was to wipe
the enamel off with a cloth.

Unfortunately, I think Strip-X is now on the governments banned list (at
least by shipping) but if you can find it (and can stand the smell!), it
works wonders.

73,

Joe, W1JR