[Towertalk] WHY?!!!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] WHY?!!!
From: K4BEV@aol.com (K4BEV@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 16:38:23 EST
In a message dated 12/25/02 11:58:53 Central Standard Time,
mikehatzakis@yahoo.com writes:

> ...... if you are going to invest the time testing, experimenting and
> building antennas, I would strongly urge you to spend the money and buy the
> MFJ HF/VHF/UHF antenna analyzer.

Personally, I don't think anyone could argue against Michael on this.

OnTheOtherHand : These instruments are pretty expensive. If you don't have
the $$ right now you can get by with a Grid Dip Meter. They're a bit more
work to use (mine runs on the AC mains, for example), but at least you can
get good data from them. They are also quite cheap now.
I still use mine when making coax stubs (just for OldTimesSake).

Have fun antenna'n!
Don - K4BEV

multipart/alternative
  text/html