[Towertalk] Negotiations

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Negotiations
From: tmartin@chartermi.net (Tom Martin)
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 12:44:00 -0600
In 1970 I got a TA33 and 50' Rohn 40G for $10.  I asked the owner's
mother, the ham was in Africa with NASA, if the tower was for sale.  She
said, yes.  I then asked if the antenna was included and she replied, "
Ten dollars?  OK."  I felt very guilty, but I had been recently married
and had baby on the way and times were tough.  When her son came home,
we got to know each other very well and still have a good laugh over the
$10 antenna system!  My advice?  Start low!

Tom W8JWN