[Towertalk] HDR-300 rotator "stuck"

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] HDR-300 rotator "stuck"
From: JBaumgarte@aol.com (JBaumgarte@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 14:02:34 EST
Craig,

Any chance the antenna might have swung past the limit switch while the rotor
was unlocked?  I had this happen to me once --it would turn a little but then
the "wrong" limit switch came into play and I had a very limited range near
the end.  Had to go up and manually move the antenna through the limit switch
while the break was released.  It sounds like you have a "stuck" rotor which
might mean no movement at all--but, just in case thought I'd contribute this.
 I can think of no other "easy" answer.
Most of these things end up being cable related!

By the way, I sent my 300 back to MFJ a couple of years ago for a total
update with hardened shafts and improved keys (both inside and outside).  It
was about $250 but it's a way improved unit now.  I actually haven't used it
since as I purchased the M squared 2800 while it was getting fixed.  It's on
the shelf!

Good luck.

John, N0IJ
Duluth, MN