[TowerTalk] Balun filler

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Balun filler
From: k4oj@tampabay.rr.com (Jim White, K4OJ)
Date: Fri Jul 11 16:50:14 2003
Hi Sam... how ya been?

I used to sell the expanding foam - caution - it expands a lot more than
you think.

A common problem in the door and window business is too much of the foam
being used causing the jambs of the doors and windows to bind their
operation...

Even though it goes in all soft and puffy - once it starts to set up it
is still expanding and it can "push" with a lot of force...had to go
visit one job with a bunch of very expensive French doors where they all
would not operate - the homeowner was real upset that it was not the
fault of the door units but of the carpenter from being too heavy handed
with the foam...

Epoxy IS available in smaller size batches... I think that "potting"
with it would be a better option than the foam...the foam is nice for
those rotor control lines or coaxes coming through the wall, however -
puts up a roadblock for those convoys of Army Ants.... hooo - ah

$ .02

Jim, K4OJ