[TowerTalk] Balun filler

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Balun filler
From: W1JR@arrl.net (Joe Reisert)
Date: Tue Jul 15 19:48:59 2003
Hi Mike,

In my opinion, the best material for sleeve baluns is type 73 material, the
same as recommended buy W2DU. The 77 material is like a resistor!

BTW, the balun that WX0B sells I believe is a copy of the W1JR broad band
toroid balun design as originally described in my Ham Radio Magazine,
September 1978 article! Changing the core material to type 43 ferrite will
probably extend it down to 160 meters.

BTW #2, it is the balun used in the Cushcraft R5, R& etc. verticals so it's
had lots of use!

73,

Joe W1JR