RE: [TowerTalk] draft letter in support of tower permit...

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] draft letter in support of tower permit...
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 19:04:40 EDT
I've said it before and I'll say it again. It is usually easier to ask for
for giveness than for permission.  If others have towers up in the area, the
"Gee whiz!  I didn't know you had to have a permit."  works most of the time.
Unless the town fathers are anal and/or the neighbors are, you are goiong to
pull it off.  The key is to not go off and say things like it's my right, why
are you guys picking on me.  Acting like the you do when the cops stop you for
speeding...kinda meek and stupid helps.

However, you have to have a working knowledge of how hands off or on the
local officials are....AND how ritzy your neighborhood is.  The whole game of
erecting a tower that way is a playing poker.  However, if you know the rules
of
the house and the players you're playing against who can win the game.

If I had done the permit routine I would have been sitting here with lots of
land and little towers.  I took an educated guess, gambled, put up three 200
footers in one day and won.

Unfortuanately you milage may vary.

Bill K4XS