RE: [TowerTalk] B&W Folded Dipoles Recommended?

To: "'Dino Darling'" <k6rix@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] B&W Folded Dipoles Recommended?
From: "John ( N5BSD )" <n5bsd@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 10:14:43 -0500
I picked up the Yaesu version of this design
Theirs is YA-30, a little shorter than B&W's antenna

Got it due to the fact that I have little space to hang
A good sized antenna for lower band work.

I am also in Navymars, works great for this, and I have
Had pretty good luck with it as well.
Most I have seen have very low SWR's for 160, 80 and 40
And they start to work up as your frequency increases
It gets as high as 3:1 or so on 10 meters

But for Navymars work above the 75 and 40 meter bands
mine has performed exceptionally well. Even thou it is kinda low
Center insulators are rough 10' 6" and 11' odd back to front.

73
John
N5BSD / NNN0OYH
ARRL NTS ORS NTX Digital