[TowerTalk] Re: F12 customer service

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: F12 customer service
From: Didier Juges <didier@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 15:15:33 -0600
I can't vouch for F12 antennas, but I can vouch for Hy-Gain customer
service. I needed parts for my T2X rotator (several times, it's a long
story), and they have always been very nice on the telephone, and quick.
The parts are also very reasonably priced, I felt.

I have a TH7DX (Hy-Gain also), but I have not needed parts for it. The
antenna is very well made, and even though it is probably about 15 years
old (all of it in Florida, the best I can tell, with huricanes and salty
air), it is in excellent shape.

I know the F12 have excellent performance for their size, at least on day
one, but their mechanical design has not been proven yet by the passage of
time.

73,
Didier KO4BB

At 09:59 AM 12/11/2003 -0800, David Greer wrote:
<snip>
>I've never owned a Force 12 beam but they seem to
>perform well on the air. I tried to be an owner but
>thanks to F12 it didn't work out.
>
>Four years ago, I placed an order for  a C3SS yagi but
>the owner asked if I was attending Dayton  -- about 3
>weeks away at that time. I said yes and he said they
>would deliver it to me there and save me shipping.
>That sounded fine but when I went to their booth to
>pick it up, the owner acted sheepish and said it was
>still on the truck. If I'd come back in 2 hours, they
>would have it for me. I did but they didn't. It wasn't
>on the truck, he said. But he promised they would ship
>me one in 10 days or less.
</snip>