[TowerTalk] Steppir tuning noise

To: <kelly@thejohnsons.ws>, "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Steppir tuning noise
From: "Jim Jarvis" <jimjarvis@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 01:03:43 -0000
Kelly,

Good points, all.

1) tuning noise....I thought that might have been because
I didn't treat the control lead properly...ran it down a
guy wire, instead of down the tower to gnd.  Did it in a
blizzard, at ten below zero, and was in a hurry.

2) DX at the critical frequency... if right at 25KHz, the
antenna 'hunts'....I thought that was 50KHz, but mine has
been down since May, due to my move. I forget.
   Suggest you carefully define the problem and feed it
back to fluid motion.  PERHAPS there is a way to change the
code to accomodate your needs.
   When I got mine, if I switched to 30 or 40m, the antenna
went to the low end of the range, below 20m.  On request,
they modified the code such that an out of range band would
not result in a retune.  If you went from 14025 to 10.111,
the antenna didn't move.

How many guys are experiencing noise associated with the
antenna tuning?

n2ea
Jim Jarvis
jimjarvis@ieee.org