Re: [TowerTalk] Steppir tuning noise

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Steppir tuning noise
From: K3BU@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 08:23:31 EST
In a message dated 2/20/04 8:09:41 AM Eastern Standard Time,
smidtca@sprint.ca writes:
>>Not if you are lucky enough to have a SteppIR, but for the other beams,
sure. Two seconds of low level hash and then 1:1 VSWR, boy am I glad that I
dumped my old fashioned, fixed tuned, beam.<<

I wonder where is hash coming from. Stepping motors do not have brushes, they
are driven by pulses, but that is VLF. Could it be static from tape moving
inside fiberglass tubes?
Jus' wondering.

Yuri, K3BU.us