Re: [TowerTalk] BPL: Presidential Backing

To: Towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] BPL: Presidential Backing
From: K3BU@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 11:28:15 EDT
In a message dated 4/28/04 10:54:19 AM Eastern Daylight Time, shr@swtexas.net
writes:
HF also includes
military communications, short-wave broadcasting, radio astronomy,
etc.   All potentially subject to being overrun with "trash" from BPL.

Has anyone tested how it interferes with AM and FM car radios? The recent run
of the mill car radios have very poor front end selectivity. When you drive
by some BC station or noise power lines, you here it all over the dial. What,
we don't need no more to listen to Rush?

Maybe time to sharpen our mobile antennas and kilowatts and test the immunity
of BPL to other licensed services?

Yuri, K3BU.us