Re: [TowerTalk] Mystery Hy-Gain tribander

To: "Scott R." <w4pa@yahoo.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mystery Hy-Gain tribander
From: Peter Larsen <ve6yc@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 20:11:18 -0700
>It's a Hy-Gain, for sure.  I can tell by all the hardware used.

You may not be correct about the hard ware.
I had a Garant Beam (out of Ontario) that had hard ware
just like my TH-3, but it had only one trap on the 3 elements.
It was a GB-3.

I also had a System 36 from Wilson that had hard ware just like
my TH-6. But again it only had one trap on the driven element.

May be that Wilson made the GB-3 for Garant, and bought or
copied the hard ware from Hy-Gain?

Check your seat or seat belt in your car, if it is a North American
assembled vehicle it will have GM parts.

Peter
VE6YC