[TowerTalk] Tower Insurance

To: "Tower Talk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Insurance
From: "AA6DX" <aa6dx@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 15:02:33 -0700
OK .. now .. next subject.  ARRL insurance.  Has anybody had RECENT experience
with the ARRL policies?  In the way past, a lot hams were less than thrilled
with their attempting to get satisfaction from the ARRL insurance companies...
 BUT have heard nothing negative lately!  The ham who brought up the fact that
if you soak your home insurance company for tower/antenna/rig losses, it could
cost you the far more important coverage of your house --really brought
something to mind!  I had never thought of that!  BUT .. so very true!  I live
in an area (don't we all!) quite susceptible to crime .. hmmmmmmm .. if I lost
$10K worth of electronics and tools, my insurance company would drop me in a
New York minute!  And.. they are hard to find here in earthquake territory!
What is the latest on the ARRL insurance?  My mobile is covered, according to
my agent (Farmers) just fine... w/rider.
Anybody got the scoop?
Mark   AA6DX   Far Northern California