RE: [TowerTalk] Archeological find in my Anchor hole

To: "Towertalk Reflector" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Archeological find in my Anchor hole
From: "Ward Silver" <hwardsil@centurytel.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 07:49:33 -0700
>>There is crime scene tape all over the place. Course
>>I took pictures to capture the memories.
>>Hope this is not a bad omen for my tower.
>
>Actually it's pretty easy to counteract the possible effects of the
>accidental disinterment by following an old ham tower installation
>tradition by putting a VALUABLE DX QSL card at the bottom of the hole
>before you pour. Not just any JA or DL but a REALLY GOOD one and your
>installation and signal will have forever have good vibes, positive
>juju, and good karma. What could it hurt?!?
>
>Cheers,
>Steve      K7LXC
>
> Good idea...now just which card should I include besides my own?

Tradition has it that you put in one card from each of the continents (don't
forget Antartica!) and it has to be a real card, not a made up one.  It
helps if you arrange them in the appropriate directions around the base.
You can also inscribe "EU" and such in the concrete before it sets, too.
That helps the electrons know which way to shoot the RF.

73, Ward N0AX