Re: [TowerTalk] What Welder Makes Good Exothermic Bonds?

To: "Phil Camera" <kb9cry@comcast.net>, <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] What Welder Makes Good Exothermic Bonds?
From: "Tower (K8RI)" <tower@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 23:44:28 -0400
I'm not sure how they get around the Hazmat conditions.  "One shots (TM)"
come complete. There is no deactivation or activation. The material itself
is considered hazadarous.  It'd burn a hole in a concrete floor.

The igniter is in the same container and in contact with the regular charge.
The only thing the user does is knock it out of the bottom of the container
and pour it on top where it can be ignited by what ever means is used. Me? I
just use a match, but I do wear leather gloves.

N833R, World's Oldest Debonair (S# CD-2)
www.rogerhalstead.com

> Personally I pay only about $6 each for my OneShots.  I have to order a
> case at a time (12 ea.) and order from the local industrial supply house
> (I use Steiner Electric) with whom the plant has an account.  I'm not
> sure if there is any Hazmat charges for shipping to Steiner from Erico;
> all the units are so to speak deactivated and are not listed as
> pyrotechnics or explosives.  Phil  KB9CRY
>
> Tower (K8RI) wrote:
>
> >Unfortunately for me the shipping would be a killer.  There is this
Hazmat