Re: [TowerTalk] Replying to the list...AGAIN!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Replying to the list...AGAIN!
From: "Dean Craft" <w4ihk@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 18:29:26 -0400
From: RWMaylott@aol.com <RWMaylott@aol.com>
To: towertalk@contesting.com <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 3:06 PM

>I strongly DISAGREE.  ...
>
>>snip<<
>
>Replies should go to the requester ONLY.  If every  comment went to
>the whole list, I would unsubscribe, as there's just too much  trash to
wade
>through for the few items of interest.
>
>          73, Dick,  W2YE

A rather elitist attitude I must say.  Why is that what I have to say is
probably 'trash' while what you want to read is an 'item of interest'?

Your presence on the list puzzles me.  How does that work?  Do you close
your eyes and 'guess' whether the next article is an 'item of interest'?

Do you also advocate discarding all the books in the libraries except those
that are an 'item of interest' to you?  Do you ever read a daily newspaper?
I would guess that the same procedure would work here that you use to read
that paper.  Just skip what doesn't interest you.  No need to tell the rest
of the world that you have no interest in it!  And it certainly demonstrates
a lack of proper etiquette to declare everyone else's interests as 'trash'.

This will probably get me kicked off the list but, grouchy old farts are a
PITA!

Dean Craft  --  W4IHK