Re: [TowerTalk] Concrete anchors

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Concrete anchors
From: <kk9a@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 01:10:37 -0000
Do you really need 120' tower?  If you use the standard 120 degree anchor
spacing you'll have less than a 53' guy radius, assuming that you can place
the tower in the ideal location of your lot.  You may be able to build a 90
or 100' tower with this radius, if you use beefed up guy anchors, guys and
maybe a stronger tower than Rohn 25G.  I would consult a PE before
constructing this.

John KK9A