Re: [TowerTalk] New antenna system

To: "Jerry Keller" <k3bz@arrl.net>,"TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] New antenna system
From: "4x1ad" <4x1ad@iarc.org>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 21:05:08 +0200
Jerry,

IMHO, your statement that "SteppIR concept is the most important antenna
design development since the invention of the yagi itself", it's real only
if your life ideal it's a low SWR antenna.  But what about F/B or F/S ratio
?  Aren't they of any importance ? I have also mixed feeling about the
reliability of the copper-berillium perforated strip or the life expectancy
of the modest contacts.

Personally, I can't take too seriously the manufacturer claim that "a long
boom is not needed to achieve near optimum gain and front to back ratios on
20 - 10 meters since the SteppIR can control the element lengths" !!!!

73
Morel
4X1AD