Re: [TowerTalk] taping coax to tower parts

To: olinger@bellsouth.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] taping coax to tower parts
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 12:12:07 EST
I had a chance to pick up some used tower that had been very close to the
Gulf of Mexico.  The tower was approximately 1000 feet from the Gulf and had
the
hardline attached by tape.  Several of the joints were so badly rusted
through, the sections were useless.

However, at my location, four miles from the Gulf, I have used tape for years
and have never seen ANY rust at the tape joint when the tape was removed.

I suppose it all depends on the environment.

Bill K4XS