Re: [TowerTalk] Help in planning a new QTH

To: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>,"R. Kevin Stover" <rkstover@mchsi.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Help in planning a new QTH
From: "Richard M. Gillingham" <rmoodyg@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 13:07:46 -0500
I don't know the name of the facility,  Is there more than one at Moses
Lake?  The Mertel brothers, who own FluidMotion, may have conducted the
tests themselves, or engaged someone else to do the work.  They seem to be
'hands on' guys, so probably they did it.  The result of both modeling and
the tests are on the steppir web page.  There are several folks better
versed in antenna design who lurk both here on TowerTalk and on the SteppIR
reflector who do some experimenting with the antenna.  Personally I stick to
the factory defaults and am happy.

73
Gil, W1RG