Re: [TowerTalk] When a Yagi Loses an Element

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] When a Yagi Loses an Element
From: "Keith Dutson" <kjdutson@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 20:35:40 -0600
If you have clear lateral room out to at least 200 feet (more is better), it
would be fairly simple to tram the entire antenna down for repair, then
ascent back to the top.  The clear area would best be between two guys,
although I have heard of using one of the guy wires for the tram.  I have a
large Yagi at 152 feet that needs repair.  It will be trammed down 1/4 EHS
anchored about 200 feet from the tower base between two guys.  This will be
done April 16 and there will be plenty of photos taken if you are
interested.

Keith NM5G