[TowerTalk] polyrod

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] polyrod
From: Lee Crocker <w9oy@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 09:22:53 -0700 (PDT)
I don't have any polyrod.  I have been following the
thread.  It was my understanding that the failed
polyrod was replaced by the manufacturer.  Does this
mean I can just call up polyrod and ask for a
replacement without providing some kind of evidence of
the failure?  Seems like an easy way for unscrupulous
players to double their order for free.  Imagine this
phone call: ?Hello Polygon, my 5000ft of polyrod
turned into tomato sticks,  Reply:  Oh no problem sir
we never heard of this before but we will send you out
a new 5000ft today?

The point being as a manufacturer if someone calls up
and tells me his uninstalled 5000 ft properly stored
order of polyrod had turned into tomato sticks, I
would get real worried real quick.  The liability is
phenomenal.  So how is it a manufacturer at such risk
and who has replaced apparently thousands of feet of
failed rod doesn't have a clue?

Something stinks in this story.

73  W9OY